You have undoubtedly enjoyed a lovely day at the beach at some point in your life, and you may have even constructed some sandcastles. Maybe you’ve even tried to make something trickier by burying a relative and making it resemble a turtle. In short, the fact is that when it comes to sand sculpture, artist Andoni Bastarrika outperforms all other people.
This artist creates enormous sand animals that are so realistic-looking. This man stated that he started making sand sculptures 10 years ago in an interview on the well-known website natureistic.me. When he was on the beach with his two girls, he made a small mermaid, and at that point, he realized how fluid his hands were.
These are the 30+ best sculptures Andoni has produced during the past ten years, during which time he has focused solely and only on honing this talent:
1. A shark devouring someone
2. In this case the shark does not look so violent
3. A huge sand whale
4. Isn’t this crocodile so creepy it looks real?
5. This Jaguar’s coat can practically be felt
6. A moment before the attack
7. A very realistic little puppy
8. Not only does he make animal sculptures, but he also makes human sculptures
9. This beluga is stranded in the middle of the beach, but don’t worry, it’s not real
10. Just imagine walking along this beach and finding this huge shark in the middle of the road.
11. A dog emerging from the sand
12. Besides making them look real, you also take time to color
13. You can also find animals that do not usually inhabit the beaches
14. Not only does he believe them, but he also loves posing with them
15. I don’t know if you are too, but I would be very scared to see this
16. Andoni has a fascination for sand because according to him it doesn’t matter how you look at it. “The sand always teaches you things if you have the predisposition to learn”
17. “To create a sculpture, you need an unimaginable amount of sand particles hugging themselves in the moisture. They just need someone who can give a model and a shape to this beautiful union “mentioned the artist
18. Once the artist moves away from the sculpture, she will be at the mercy of Mother Nature. This means that one day the wind will dry them and give each particle freedom, gradually consuming all its authenticity. In simple words, it will make it disappear
19. The beauty of these sculptures disappears before you imagine a beach
20. Visitors gather early to watch Andoni creating his works of art
21. “There are many reasons why I love making animal sculptures, but one of them is that animals are totally free spirits,” said Andoni
22. “Humans can learn a lot from animals and reflect just by looking at them”
23. “There is also the nudity that they brought to our planet from birth to death. That nudity, at least for me, is a symbol of freedom and a fundamental ingredient to be able to truly live “said Andoni in the interview
24. On some occasions, he decides to do something more mystical than realistic, however, his creations continue to amaze tourists every day.
25. Humans “dress too much” to survive in many ways. I will never make a sculpture of an animal with a necklace or chain. I prefer to show his freedom, his power, and wisdom through beauty rather than suffering
26. With his sculptures he also intends to raise awareness about the waste that reaches the oceans
27. Pollution in the seas grows to such an extent that it is estimated that in some years we will have huge islands made up of the garbage
28.Some tourists specifically seek it out to recreate their pets with sand
29. The garbage he uses to create his sculptures is collected purely and exclusively from the beaches where he makes them
30. Andoni has been perfecting his works of art for more than 10 years
31. When the artist finishes the sculptures, he leaves them alone. He is aware that the next day they will no longer be
32. What started as entertainment for his daughters, today is his great passion
33. His great hobby has led him to have almost 15 thousand followers on his Instagram account
34. Tourists who see his works say that the details are really impressive
35. He dedicated a large part of the last years to studying the anatomy of the animals that he sculpts
36. Everyone wants to see Andoni working. Those who have already done it say that you will never see him without a smile on his face, he is very happy with what he does
37. To give color to the sculptures he uses natural colorants
38. Even the animals themselves are part of the admiration for Andoni
What was the sculpture that most impressed you? We invite you to leave your comment and share this gallery with your friends and family. Everyone should know the great work of this artist that embodies the freedom of animals in the sand.