When they took him to the emergency room, doctors and parents were amazed at what they found behind his ear.

Advertisement

Little bugs are definitely not harmless. Ticks, for instance, are a kind of bug that can be hard to spot, but these tiny parasites can actually cause a lot of harm. Ticks are extremely small arachnids, usually measuring between 3 to 5 mm in length.

They have existed for an extended period and are related to mites.

Ectoparasites, such as ticks, feed on the blood of various animals like mammals, birds, reptiles, and amphibians, and occasionally humans, to stay alive.

Stephanie woke up one morning and went to check on their toddler, only to discover a major issue in the room.

Collin, her son, is often lively and excited about the day. Usually, he would be jumping around in his room or playing in their yard. However, she soon realized that this was not a normal day.

Collin was lying in bed, staring up at her. She made a fast call to her husband, Dillon.

Dillon and Stephanie received the shocking news that their child had suddenly lost the ability to move. They couldn’t believe what they were hearing.

The parents decided to bring their child to the emergency room instead of going to their family doctor. They thought he might have a concussion after accidentally hitting his head before his brother’s baseball game.

Doctors stated that he did not show any symptoms related to a concussion. Despite this, he was still able to communicate effectively after the incident and did not display any symptoms.

Collin went through several tests, and his health worsened rapidly. Dillon was heartbroken to see his son struggling. He said that he had no choice but to keep breathing. Collin couldn’t move.

The man struggled with eating and drinking. The determined doctors continued to run tests to find the cause because they were determined. As his oxygen levels began to drop, they moved him to a bigger hospital.

Stephanie and Dillon understood that every second counted and that Collin required the best medical professionals and equipment available to identify the root of his problem.

Collin’s parents were shocked to find out from the doctors that if they had come 30 minutes later, Collin would have had a heart attack and wouldn’t have survived.

After a while, the doctors finally discovered that the issue was a small tick located behind Collin’s ear.

The man was slowly dying from the tick without anyone noticing, not even his parents or the doctors. Once the tick was removed promptly by the ER doctor, he quickly recovered.

Paralysis caused by insect bites is rare, even though tick bites are common.

The doctor explained that the tick’s salivary glands have a neurotoxin. This means that the neurotoxin entered Collin’s bloodstream while the tick was feeding, causing paralysis.

Parents should take note of Collin’s situation and be vigilant about their children’s health. It is important to ensure that they are protected from insects and other parasites, like ticks.

Advertisement
Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker