Her legs are amputated after using a common household product – Now she’s warning women everywhere

Advertisement

Her legs were lost due to the use of a regular household item… now she’s sharing her story to caution women everywhere.

Lauren Wasser, a woman from California, is bravely sharing her life story to help other women avoid the same difficult experience she went through due to a widely used product.

In 2012, this woman had to go to the hospital due to flu-like symptoms that persisted. However, doctors later found out it was toxic shock syndrome from bacterial toxins, not the flu.

The infection was caused by a tampon. Leaving tampons in for too long can lead to this infection, resulting in toxic shock syndrome or TTS.

Unfortunately, Lauren was in a coma for more than a week and had to have her leg amputated due to an infection when she woke up. She was just 24 years old at the time.

Since this tragic incident, Lauren has been determined to raise awareness and take legal action against Kotex Natural Balance, the brand of tampons that triggered such a severe reaction.

Lauren told The Daily Mail that she will have her other leg amputated in a few months, but she wants to prevent it from happening to others.

In InStyle, she emphasizes the importance of consumers being aware of the potential consequences, as the vagina is highly absorbent and connects to vital organs within a woman’s body.

After the second amputation, Lauren stood next to Amy Purdy, a Paralympic athlete who had also lost her legs.

Life is about to be so different, again! I’m in great spirits though and ready for my next chapter. ???‍♀️??‍♂️ // photo by my love @camraface,” she wrote in the caption.

We support Lauren as she remains determined to embrace life fully, despite facing challenges and enduring pain.

Please SHARE this article with your family and friends on Facebook.

Advertisement
Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker