Traveling to other countries is an experience that not everyone can have. In fact, very few people, despite social networks, can afford to travel, compared to all the others who live in the same country. Those who do, however, regularly come back with a different view of how they left.
Surely you remember more than one person who has told you “I can’t explain it to you, you have to live it” as if it were a spiritual retreat. The good thing is that thanks to the internet, even if it’s not at the same level, you no longer need to “go” to experience it and it’s thanks to the photos they share. Perhaps some edit them too much and lose the image’s naturalness.
That is why on this occasion we present you 20 images, taken by ordinary tourists, no “photographers” in disguise, like you or me who have shared the things that have surprised them about their trip, this time from the Netherlands, Holland or how you know him.
What image will be the one that leaves you thinking?
1. The stories that must have happened for balloons to be banned at Amsterdam-Schiphol airport.
2. Short people don’t have the best time in a country of tall people.
3. The Dutch have a very particular sense of design or humor.
4. They prepare for Christmas with painted cinder block fences as gift boxes.
5. Like the cashier a few stalls ago, many tall people among the Dutch. Therefore it is possible to see two sets of buttons in an elevator so that everyone feels comfortable.
6. Two shots of the same location one hour apart.
7. This is not a beverage dispensing machine, but underwear.
8. Another vending machine now selling fresh chicken eggs.
9. And one more machine, but this one allows you to bring flowers to your loved one.
10. The Netherlands and especially Amsterdam have huge land prices. Living in the water is totally normal.
11. The help desk is on the tram to serve tourists who usually feel seasick.
12. There are electric buses that do not need cables, they are quickly recharged at the stops.
13. A special bin for cyclists. However, if you don’t get it right, you will have to stop, because the fines are very expensive.
14. And this is what a covered bike rack looks like. Much of this transportation can be accommodated in a relatively small area.
15. In the Netherlands, school buses are replaced by school bikes.
16. In the last century, the Netherlands suffered from a huge gasoline price increase, which led it to become a country that benefits more from public means of transport such as bicycles or the bus.
17. Holland is a land of tulips. A separate art is the decoration of flower fields.
18. Public toilets are a particular thing in this country. This has scared more than one tourist.
19. The famous market in Amsterdam. Here, you can buy all those quirky things that fall into fun collections.
20. The bike lanes are not a game here, if it is necessary, no matter how small, it is indicated according to the mobility laws.
Which image surprised you the most? Do you have photos of yourself of something from another country that has surprised you? Leave them in the comments! Share this note with your friends to see what it’s like to visit a country like Holland.